Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well it's the time for resolutions and the time to get things going that you have been putting off. Now honestly I am not much of a procrastinator, but there are some things that I have been waiting to do . . . well no more! In this next year I plan on trying a new cuisine or dish at least once a month, I know not too terribly challenging for me HAHA!! My other personal resolution is going to be reading through the Bible in a year. I have been wanting to do it for a long time and feel bad that as a newly re-born Christian that I have never done it. My goal is to be fairly knowledgable about the Bible, but I think it will take more than once through to begin to even truly understand. Now onto the other thing, as I stated in an earlier post, with the holidays and family and some miscommunications, I have not been in the kitchen that much and have not been playing or experimenting like I usually do. I have even at times resorted to Hot Pockets, I know that is the culinary equivalent to grand theft auto! But with a very generous and appreciated Christmas gift my culinary aptitude and longing has returned! One of my favorite tasters and fellow growing foodie (I like to think) and someone very special to me got me a food processor, and a nice one at that, probably nicer than I would have gotten myself. So as one of my heroes, Alton Brown, always says it doesn't matter what tools you have to utilize in your kitchen as long as you get the desired results, but it does make it easier to have the RIGHT tools. So a big thanks to my benefactor! I foresee many processed and chopped things in my future! Salsa, guacamole, eggplant parmesan, dressings, sauces, purees, bread crumb toppings, ok ok I have to be done so I can go home and play in my command center of all things food!

No comments: