Monday, December 29, 2008

Famished for D.C.

Well I got an amazing Christmas present last week. My former boss, the Honorable Senator John Barrasso M.D., presented me with two tickets to the Presidential Inauguration ceremony and ball on the 20th of January. Now while I wish that it was John McCain that was getting sworn in, this is HISTORY plain and simple. I am just lucky and fortunate to be able to say that I got to witness such a momentous event in our country's history. Now, the other great thing about going to D.C. would have to be the cuisine. Being that it is a metropolitan area with so much diversity, my gastronomical experiences are sure to be enhanced. I can't wait to find some tiny little diner near Capitol Hill and have coffee and watch the comings and goings of the D.C. life. Finding some upscale restaurant is definitely on top of my list of things to do. I have been craving good sushi and some of the people that I worked with in the Senate office said there were some really authentic sushi places. I cannot wait to eat myself into a frenzy of palatable delight! I think the even better part about it, is that I cannot find these places here in Wyoming, my goal will to be to find wild and new things. I sort of built a list, so here goes: 1. Diner (D.C. local favorite) 2. Sushi 3. Really good wine bar 4. Cheese shop 5. A dinner that costs at least $50 (cuz I've never paid that much before!!).
I can't wait to share with everybody once I get back.

No comments: