Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Come break bread with me!!

So I have been having a carb-craving lately. Last week it was pasta, now this week bread. I have always been one of those people that is good with plain-old white or wheat bread, never much for anything to extraordinary. Well that all came to an end when I was going through my mom's old recipes. She was really quite an amazing cook and baker (I think that's where I get the desire to "play" in the kitchen). Well one of her signature things was her banana bread. Man have I been wanting to get at it with that recipe and see if I have the talent that she had or if I will blow it completely! Well needless to say I have my "over-ripe" bananas blackened and ready to go. I think it's time to try my hand at it and see how it comes out.
Now for the other side of things, also reminiscent of my mom, who absolutely loved different types of rye bread. Mostly those orowheat brands at the store. I can always remember the smell and the distinct taste of it, never really appreciating it then, but man I bought a loaf last night at the store and I'm not really sure if it was the fact that it reminded me of my mom so much or that it really was so absolutely delicious that made me enjoy it so much! REAL bread is so much more than your plain old loaf of white or wheat bread. So now I think I am on a search for the best sandwich bread. If anybody has any ideas please let me know! I am very excited to have rediscovered the world of good bread! Thanks Mom!

No comments: