Monday, December 1, 2008

Creativity in a Crock Pot

Hope everybody had a wonderful thanksgiving and weekend, I know I did. So I didn't make anything special for Thanksgiving dinner, but I made up for it the other days I was off for the hoilday weekend. I created a different pasta dish pretty much every night, utilizing everything from roasted veggies to shrimp to cream of mushroom (say what you will about the canned stuff, but I love it and it is so easy to use). I would have to say though that my prized concoction, came late Saturday night. I had a little of my garlic roast left and a can of garbanzo beans that were begging to be used. So, creativity was flooding through me and I started mixing and matching. I used the roast, garbanzo beans, a mix of green enchilada sauce and tomato sauce, celery, onions and garlic. I seasoned it with cumin, chili powder and a little extra red cayenne pepper for that added little kick! Let it simmer for a couple hours and had wuite the midnight snack, with some crusty wheat rolls.
I have to say that I have found it far more enjoyable to go outside the realm of recipes and the norm of cooking. Often times I find myself putting together flavors that I know I like and making a slurry of flavors! Not gonna lie, it usually turns out pretty decent, or YUM-O as Rachel Ray would say!! HAHA.

No comments: