Friday, December 12, 2008

Everybody Salsa . . . or Guacomole

First and foremost I just want to say that since I have been exploring more into the culinary world I have discovered a new way to connect to people and have realized that as the old saying goes . . . food is love!
So anyway, last night was another fiesta night at the Singleton house. A certain somebody had said once that she liked, rather loved avocados. Now while I am not a huge fan of the fruit, I do however make a mean guacamole and knew that I would enjoy that. So the ingredients came out and we started the culinary whirlwind of spice. First was salsa, then green chiles, 1/2 a jalapeno, 2 avocados, salt, pepper, garlic, lime juice and some love!! We stirred it up threw it in the fridge to kind of pull together and started in on the cocktails.
The Matador= awesome taste, bad next day! Well matador in the dictionary is a bullfighter, in my glass it was tequila, limeade, fresh squeezed OJ and zest and sugar free rockstar. So if the contents of my glass was a "bullfighter" so to speak and I was the bull, let's just say I got fought and the matador won!! Definitely a drink that I will be indulging in again.
Well it's the weekend and I am probably off to bake and discover something amazingly delightful to the palate. So until Monday!

No comments: