Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh, we broke bread!

Never again will I discount any form of cooking, until I fully embrace it. I don't bake much, as of last night I BAKE!! A certain somebody came over last night and well we donned the aprons, rolling pins and kitchen timers and unleashed our inner betty crocker. Well like I said in my post yesterday, I have been dying to make my mom's old banana bread recipe, well we did and it was amazing. I am not one for tweaking a recipe first time (for consistency and learning purposes) but this time we just follwed the basic setup and threw in our own cooking flair. Needless to say CINAMMON was thrown in!! What a great night played some yahtzee while we waited for the bread, talked, laughed it was good. We walk up the stairs to the smell of banana heaven. It was one of the most amazing smells ever. Well it tasted as good as it looked and smelled. The best part was I thought of my mom the whole time while eating it, which must mean we made it "right." Things didn't end there though. I started to want to do more, so when you wanna bake more, what are you to do? Bake more! So this time, in keeping with the quick breads, I busted out two little flavorful zucchinis that I had in the fridge begging to be used. So we slapped that together, waited an hour and well let's just say, I'm gonna have to make more if I want to share with other people! HAHA! The best part of the two breads was the toppings, yes bread toppings. Elisha had the idea for the first one, by putting sliced banana on top, then I wanted to be creative so I said well what goes with zucchini, CARROTS. So shredded carrots got carefully and expertly placed on top and it looked amazing! Thanks to my helper and I will be making more this weekend, DUH!

No comments: