Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Holidays

So as a new and ever-growing foodie, I have been smacked in the face with a recent dilemma. I usually eat at my sister's house for the holidays. I pick over the items and usually only have a few certain things on my plate, out of the massive spread (don't get me wrong the plate gets filled multiple times). But I realized that maybe it's time for a Blonky Thanksgiving! I'd give it a try, put a duck confit on the menu, mussels marineire, roasted acorn squash, garlic ginger green beans, twice baked sweet potatoes, stuffed roasted apples, you know the usual Thanksgiving fare! Ok so maybe not quite turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I just want to try my hand at it and see if I can compete with tradition and consistency. I think that a little change is good, right? Oh who am I kidding, I'm gonna go eat turkey and potatoes and all the fixings! I may just have to bring a dish of my own culinary inspirations and place it on the table for everyone to enjoy!

No comments: