Friday, January 23, 2009

Pasta n' Sauce

Thank goodness my family is blessed with either super fast metabolism (kids) or a lifelong membership to the gym (me). I say this because I don't think it would be possible for us to go a week, no even two days without eating some sort of pasta concoction. Now I cook healthy, I don't use store bought sauces, so our noodles are very much so a healthy contribution to our diets. That being said, I have always been a fan of alfredo, in fact I think I could eat it a couple times a week and not think a thing of it. Especially now that I have perfected my own recipe. Garlic, cheese, fat free half n' half, onions and wine made for the perfect noodle clinging ooey gooey goodness that was our dinner last night. I used a Pinot Grigio that I absolutely love. I pan seared a chicken boob and diced it then threw it in the pan with the sauce and the noodles to let it finish cooking in the liquid. So everything really pulled together. I have to say that I have made it before, but as the saying goes, "practice makes perfect!" And it surely did, I couldn't believe how amazing it was. I almost saved the leftovers for the next day, notice I said ALMOST!!

No comments: