Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bad Times!

Well the reason there have been no posts lately is because I have had no stove. No . . . I didn't forget to pay the utility bill, the element went out. I never knew how dependant on that thing I was until I didn't have it anymore! So what do you do in a time like this, make sandwiches and utilize the microwave. I have quite literally come up with at least ten variations in the last couple days on how to make a turkey and cheese sandwich. Canned soup has become one of my best friends and salads (I think God could have made me a rabbit and I would have been just as happy in this life). I have not dropped to TV dinners yet, nor am I going to the restaurants for my nutritional sustenance. I am however getting bored and have been seriously thinking about getting a single burner range. But hopefully my stove will get fixed soon and I can return to my "lab" shortly. Until then it's sandwiches and watching the food network and the sad excuse for a culinary show; Man v. Food on the Travel Channel. That show is very dissapointing and to say the least a rip off of one of my ofavorites, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (but that is a whole other post).
I have a feeling that this weekend I will probably pack up the family, get out of town and eat at some restaurant that has been calling me. I have however in this down-time decided on some must have meals when I get my lab up and running again. The number one meal . . . curry! The coconut milk, curry powder, saffron and turmeric have been yelling at me from my kitchen. So I can't wait to try my hand at a new international dish that will hopefully be a new favorite.

No comments: